Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A List of Companies that Support Marriage Equality


For those of you mourning Chick-fil-A (I do miss those milkshakes). Here is a list of companies who support Marriage Equality. This is in no way an exhaustive list. It was found using multiple sources. So if you are reading this on an iPhone while sipping a Coke at a McDonalds in an airport wearing Levi’s. Its OK, you are not supporting hate. If you are looking for companies to boycott because they support “teh gays” get the fuck off my blog.

Allstate
Amazon
American Airlines
Apple
Applebee's
Best Buy
Clorox
Coca-Cola
Costco
Delta Airlines
Facebook
Ford
Gap
General Motors
Gerber Baby Products
Google
Hilton Hotels
Home Depot
IMB
Levi's Marriot International
McDonald's
Microsoft
Nationwide
Nike
Olive Garden
Oreo
Pepsico
Proctor and Gamble
Red Lobster
Rite Aid Sears
Southwest Airlines
Starbucks
State Farm
Target
United Airlines
UPS
Walgreens
Walt Disney Company

Honorable Mention to Jim Henson’s company for pulling their toys from Chick-fil-A in response to their President doubling down on the hate.

To be clear, I support Mr. Cathy’s freedom to say whatever he chooses.  His company is not  openly discriminating against anyone directly.  They just contribute to organizations that do.  This is America and it is clearly not illegal to be a bigot.  For those congratulating the company for their honesty, I humbly offer this.

5 comments:

Andrew Hall said...

I'm having a Coke right now. I feel good that I'm supporting a pro-gay marriage organization that is helping me develop type II diabetes.

Steve said...

Hmm...I have to find a beer company that supports equality to justify this to my liver.

Daniel said...

Budweiser/Bud Light and Red Hook both do...

MK said...

Thanks for providing this list! It would be great if could link out to some of the sources that you used to compile it. Best, MK

Anonymous said...

Yay. I was just buying tickets and found your site in order to rule out airlines that celebrate sodomy and similarly disordered behavior. I'll also be moving my money out of Wells Fargo and canceling my Costco membership. Great, now off of to Chick Fil-a for dinner.